Read Across America - March 2007
Delsea HS Celebrates Reading on Dr. Seuss'
Celebration March 2001 Celebration March 2002 Celebration February / March
Celebration February / March 2004 Celebration Feb./March 2005 March 2006
Contribute to literacy and help to
provide FREE books to children by clicking on this
NOTE: CLICK ON THE UNDERLINED LINKS TO VIEW THE PICTURES.
- 9th graders set up reading and bookmark stations in the media center for the elementary
- 2nd graders from Janvier and Aura School attended Reading
Fair on March 2.
- Storybook characters: the Cat in the
Hat, Red Riding Hood, Prince Charming, Cinderella, Jasmine, Juliet, Spiderman, Mother
Goose and Snow White visited with students. Photo 2
of Storybook Characters.
- 9th grade teachers and school librarians know
where it's hat for Read Across America.
- Ms. Daniels comes to visit the
- English Club Members assisted with
- 9th graders from Ms.
Wasko's, Mrs. Jernegan's, Mrs. Melnyk's, and Mrs.
Cohen's class read their books that they had written to the students.
- 9th Grade Teachers and the teachers from Janvier enjoyed celebrating the event.
- Books were written as part of a Learn and Serve
Project. Books will be displayed in the Franklin Township Public Library during the
- 9th graders prepared Reading Activities
for elementary students.
- 9th graders assisted elementary
students with designing bookmarks.
- HS choral group shared song, "We Love Dr. Seuss." (Click on
link to hear the song.)
- Read 9th graders stories. Story 1
Story 2 Story 3
Story 4 Story 5
Story 6 Story
Preparation for Event
9th graders prepare their children's books. Picture
1 Picture 2 Picture 3 Picture 4
Graders Prepared Reading Activities
Children's Authors Websites
- Jan Brett's Webpage - Try
out her activity pages including activities for The Mitten or send a postcard.
- Visit with Arthur, D.W. and Francine by author, Marc Brown. Hear Arthur's songs, play games or
print out coloring pages. (Plug-ins Shockwave and Real Audio needed.)
- Listen to Miss Anne's Fun for
Little Ears - Hear sample songs from her collection such as Only Sweets to Eat or Bug
- Read Dav Pilkey's jokes
and riddles or print out coloring pages for his books including Dogzilla.
- Explore with Clifford, the Big Red Dog by Norman Bridwell. Places to
visit include the beach, the doghouse, backyard and school.
- Like sports stories, science fiction or stories about a kid
becoming President? Then visit Dan Gutman's site
and try your hand at his puzzles or read an excerpt from one of his new books.
- Visit the Dr. Seuss
Project Worksheets to
Worksheet - Creating Puzzles for Children's
- PreWriting Story Map Guide
Reviewed and Updated 3/17/2007
Mary Moyer, School Library Media Specialist
Delsea Regional High School
Franklinville, NJ 08322
Webmistress, Mary Moyer
Return to Media Center Home
Return to Delsea Home Page